Events and attractions: 0
Adding attractions and events to your planner makes it easy to plan a trip to see your favourite attractions.
Mambourin Sensory Gardens
The Mambourin Sensory Garden at Werribee is well worth visiting, not only because of the quality of the garden but also because of its unique background.
Over three years a small group of people with disabilities converted a vacant block of almost two acres into a garden paradise for the whole community to enjoy.
Sensory Garden is two acres of beautiful gardens showcasing drought resistant plants. The garden provides a tranquil setting to sit and reflect, soak in the sweet fragrance that permeates through the garden or watch the ducks as they paddle through the pond.
This garden is open to the public 10.00am - 2.30pm Monday - Friday, free of charge.
Revenue generated provides ongoing employment for people with a disability.
The Mambourin Sensory Garden features:
- large sunken herb garden surrounded by climbing roses
- large pond lined with dozens of water lilies and a range of other aquatic plants
- smaller pond feeding a stream meandering through the garden
- eight metre rotunda
- lawn, picnic area and barbecue
- a fascinating array of colourful and fragrant plants
For further information please visit the Mambourin Sensory Gardens website or call on 9731 8204.
2 Recreation Close, Werribee (Mel Ref 205 D7)